8th May: 6pm - 10pm [Collaborative Devised Theatre through Autobiographical Devising Process]
16th May: 1:30pm-4:30pm [Participant Devising Workshop]
22nd May: 6pm -10pm [(cont.)Participants Devising & Rehearsal]
23rd May: 6pm -10pm [(cont.)Participants Devising & Rehearsal]
30th May: 1:30pm - 4:30pm [Participant Presentations & Discussions]
- About Autobiographical Drama
Exercise: Episodes and Motifs
Exercise: Charting & Mutual Learning
Generating Text & Structure
Participants will need:
- They will need to present their ideas, so they will need something to record down their thoughts , that can be through an electronic device or pen and paper
- Understand and identify (i) The Episodes and (ii) The Motifs for a biographical character.
- Use (i) and (ii) to deduce the (iii) One Thing and (iv) The Event.
- Apply various approaches in the devising process to generate content for the performance of an autobiographical performance.
This workshop offers participants several tools and techniques that can be applied in a collaborative devising process to mine stories from one’s personal history.