Should we restrain technology from dictating our lives and biology? Can we?
“Human+” - first staged in 2014 - is returning with a new script to confront the evolving landscape of Transhumanism Technology: the synergy of machine and man. As we knock on the doors to our next era of humanity, the ethics of allowing ourselves to be dependent on machines and systems has become much more crucial within the last three years alone. Companies, individuals and artists have been emerging to challenge the way we perceive our lifestyle, work and biology; the lines separating science fiction and fact are becoming so blurred that it is almost imperative to investigate this phenomenon through the lens of theatre.
Enter Akamaicore, a multi-billion dollar pharmaceutical and health technology company that creates “everyday miracles”. On their quest to “perfect humanity through technology”, they have eradicated Malaria, developed Stem Cell Regeneration and DNA Augmentation among their many breakthroughs in preserving and improving human biology. Their final frontier being the mysteries of the brain, and the quantum realm of the conscious mind.
Dr. McCaine, CEO and top inventor of Akamaicore has created the Head Drive. A nano-computer device, that when connected to the brainstem can decipher chemical messages from the brain to body and store them in the digital drive in real time. Creating a tangible, editable and ever-living “digital mind”.
The morality of such a device falls deep within the grey, its implications seem boundless and its power possibly unbridled. Should we tinker with such a future? Or has our curiosity and ingenuity as a species doomed us to manufacture our extinction as we transcend into the Human+?
Written, produced and directed by Singaporean theatre auteur Khairul Kamsani. Starring Shu Yi Ching, Mitchell Lagos, Jo Tan, Prem John and Remesh Panicker. Supported by the Singapore National Arts Council.
Official Media Partner
THE EDGE SINGAPORE
The Complete Human+ Experience
Ticket Give-Away Contest
Immerse yourself into the world of Human+.
ArtScience Museum / KC Arts Centre
Visit the galleries or watch the play? The order is up to you!
Between now and the 30th of August, visit my Facebook Page to enter the contest and win 2 pairs to each event.
Terms & Conditions:
1. Five (5) winners will be chosen to win the HUMAN+ EXPERIENCE giveaway.
2. If you are the winner, our Sales Manager will message you with the news and show dates for selection.
3. The contest will run between August 16 to August 28, 2359 hrs. A ‘HUMAN+ EXPERIENCE Ticket Giveaway’ will be posted to Khairul Kamsani Facebook page. To enter the contest, simply like ‘Khairul Kamsani’ Facebook page (@khairul.kamsani.productions), and share the ‘HUMAN+ EXPERIENCE Ticket Giveaway’.
4. Winners will be announced at Khairul Kamsani Facebook page’s sole and absolute discretion.
5. The tickets won are not negotiable, transferable, exchangeable or redeemable against cash, credit or kind, either in part or in full. Tickets are subject to availability of HUMAN+, The Future of Our Species Exhibition and Human+ Theatre production tickets.
6. Decisions made by the administrators of Khairul Kamsani Facebook page are final and binding in all respects.